Think fresh. Think cold. Think Refreshing! Think flavor!
That pretty much describes this yummy salsa that will be the perfect addition to your Fourth of July picnic, or any hot occasion, for that matter!
It’s easy to modify if you want it spicy or prefer it mild. Keep chips at the ready and taste-test as you go until it suits you (bonus!).
It’s time to picnic!!!
- 3 cups seeded or seedless watermelon, diced (approximately 1/4 of a watermelon)
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper (grilled and chopped is tasty, but fresh is crunchy – you choose!)
- 1 ear corn (grilled or boiled), cut from cob
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbs. chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 Tbs. chopped green onion
- 2 Tbs. diced geen chiles or jalepeno pepper (chose chiles if you prefer milder flavor)
Chop and dice ingredients. Mix well in a large bowl, cover and refrigerate until serving.
Double or triple recipe if you’re serving a large group! (You’ll want extras!!!)