Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz. cream cheese, dairy or non-dairy (Tofutti® Better Than Cream Cheese or Follow Your Heart® Cream Cheese Alternative) – room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter or non-dairy alternative (Earth Balance® Buttery Sticks) – room temperature
- 4 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract or pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Whip the cream cheese, butter and sugar until smooth, then slowly stir in only enough vanilla or juice to make a spread-able consistency (with non-dairy cream cheese, you may find it unnecessary to use any additional liquid). If the frosting is still too thin – particularly with non-dairy cream cheese – whip in additional confectioner’s sugar as necessary. Spread by swirling in circles on top of the cooled cake before serving.