- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms of choice, chopped
- 3 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs. Jules Gluten Free™ All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups gluten-free vegetable broth
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
Sauté chopped onion and mushrooms in the oil until translucent. Stir in the Jules Gluten Free™ All Purpose Flour until absorbed and thickened. Add in the vegetable broth, salt and pepper.
Combine with mashed potatoes for filling and thin any remaining sautéed filling mixture with additional vegetable broth or water, until thin enough to pour over cooked pierogies as a topping. Set aside and reheat, as necessary, when serving.