- 1/2 cup butter or non-dairy substitute (e.g. Earth Balance® Shortening or Buttery Sticks)
- 1/2 cup granulated cane sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream, dairy or non-dairy
- 1 mashed ripe banana
- 1 tsp. gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Jules Gluten Free™ All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbs. flaxseed meal (optional, but recommended)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. gluten-free baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 cups chopped fresh or dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350º F (static) or 325º F (convection). Oil or line with muffin papers 21-23 muffin tins and set aside.
Cream the butter and sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well. Mix in the sour cream and banana until well blended.
In a separate bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients then gradually incorporate into the wet batter. Lastly, stir the chopped cranberries and walnuts into the batter gently.
Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the tops are lightly browned and they spring back to the touch.
Cool before removing from the muffin tins.