- 15 oz. pumpkin purée (canned or fresh, cooked)
- 1 cup milk, not low fat (dairy or non-dairy vanilla flavor)
- 2 Tbs. melted butter or non-dairy substitute (e.g. Earth Balance Buttery® Sticks)
- 3 Tbs. bourbon or spiced apple cider
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. Jules Gluten Free™ All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated cane sugar
- 2 large eggs (or egg replacer)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (or 1/2 tsp. nutmeg + 1/2 tsp. ginger + 1/8 tsp. cloves or allspice)
- one uncooked, prepared pie crust in a 10 inch pie plate (see recipe)
Preheat oven to 450º F.
Prepare your pie crust in a 10 inch pie plate and butter or spray one additional ramekin.
Mix together all liquid ingredients in one bowl and whisk together the dry ingredients in another. Slowly pour the dry ingredients in to the liquid bowl while stirring. Beat until totally combined.
Pour into prepared pie plate, leaving at least 1/4 inch between the batter and the top of the pie crust. Pour any remaining batter into prepared ramekin(s). Smooth the top of the pie with a rubber spatula.
Bake at 450º F for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 375º F and bake for 30 more minutes or until a knife inserted into the pie comes out clean.
This recipe and 149 more easy, allergen-friendly recipes can be found in my latest book, Free for All Cooking.