Perfect for any cupcake or cake, this creamy twist on an old favorite will have you licking the bowl and your party guests begging for the recipe! Enjoy atop Candy Cupcakes, perhaps? Or any other favorite – you just can’t go wrong!
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (or Sunflower Nut Butter or Soy Nut Butter – note: these options are often thinner than regular peanut butter, so additional confectioner’s sugar may be necessary to create the correct consistency)
- 1/2 cup butter or non-dairy alternative (e.g. Earth Balance® Buttery Sticks) at room temperature
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tsp. gluten-free vanilla extract
- 3 Tbs. milk of choice (dairy or non-dairy like soy, coconut, almond or hemp)
- extra colorful gluten-free candies to sprinkle on top
Mix together all ingredients except milk until smooth. Gradually add milk, one tablespoon at a time, until of a spreadable consistency. Depending on what kind of peanut butter you use (“natural” kinds sometimes have more liquid) you may need to add more or less milk.
Frost the cupcakes and sprinkle with other colorful candies … enjoy!